Followers

28 April 2009

Reflections on familial and human frailty

Our niece, Jennifer Amber Black, was buried yesterday. The grief is still tearing at her family, especially her parents as well as her paternal grandparents (who are my parents, for full disclosure) My mother, my Aunt Regina and I break down every time we speak to one another. Geoff is shell shocked at her death. My dad, whom I have never seen cry, also breaks down in his pain and grief over a loved grandchild, one whom he will never meet on earth. I wish that John and Jackie, her parents, had been spared this loss- I wish that there had been something that we could have done. We tend to forget that modern medicine cannot fix everything, and in this case could not. Our consolation is that she was baptised and is now in heaven with God and all his angels and saints.