Followers

25 May 2012

I stand with Stacy McCain, wherever he is

I stand with Stacy McCain, wherever he is


Friday, 25 May 2012

I stand with Stacy McCain, wherever he is

I blog for fun (mostly). Yes I'm political, and yes I'm provocative, but absent the occasional nutjob emailer I guess I'm not important enough to get the whackos really fired up. Which is fine by me.
Other bloggers aren't so lucky. Robert Stacy McCain was recently forced to flee his home, and go into hiding with his wife and children. Why? Because a left-wing "activist" named Brett Kimberlin didn't like Stacy digging into his past.
Stacy's a tenacious old cuss though, and he's taking the fight to the enemy, albeit from an "undisclosed location." Interestingly he's used the old-school spycraft technique of a "barium meal" to apparently out one of Kimberlin's online personas.
Both Patrick Frey and Aaron Worthing had expressed suspicion that Kimberlin is "Breitbart Unmasked," a site no honest person should ever link, but which has proven to be a sturdy rope with which Kimberlin has now hanged himself. Why? Because, you see, there were some elements in my small slice of this story that I have never disclosed online — key facts that only lying felon Brett Kimberlin could have known — which appeared in the false "Breitbart Unmasked" attack on me.
Given that "Breitbart Unmasked" has in recent months been used to publish smear after smear against various of Kimberlin's enemies, this attack on me therefore provides crucial evidence indicating that, while Kimberlin claimed these law-abiding citizens were "harassing" or "stalking" him, quite the reverse is true.
As Glenn Reynolds put it, trying to out-crazy Stacy McCain is not going to end well. If anything it's caused many, many bloggers to look into just who Brett Kimberlin is. And what we've found is downright scary.
Kimberlin has engaged in a prolonged systematic smear campaign against a coterie of right-wing bloggers.
Read Patterico's bone-chilling story. I'll wait.
Then read Aaron Worthing's tale of Kimberlin's relentless harassment and Liberty Chick's saga too.
In response the blogosphere has proclaimed today Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day. There is strength in numbers. There is honor in standing up for what is right and just.
[I]f we allow our friends to be picked off one by one, we will all be picked off. It is imperative that we stand together, and face this together as a united front.
Brett Kimberlin has awakened a sleeping giant.
Hang in there Stacy. The cavalry is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment