Round One of the Socialized Federalized Medicine-Man fight is over.
As soon as President Obama signs on the dotted line, Round Two will be initiated with a herd of raging bull Attorney Generals (AG) from around the country; all in a charge at the red cape of the constitutionality of congress to mandate the purchase of health insurance by individual citizens.
It’s a set up guys. Obama and his brain trust are out in front on this one. They put the ‘thou-shalt-purchase’ clause in the bill deliberately knowing every freedom-loving, red-blooded Republican AG would charge. They intend to have the Republican’s object to this in bit-and-pieces instead of a full frontal attack that the ENTIRE Bill is unconstitutional.
We Republicans bit the bait real good, but, it was a Trojans horse covered with shiny stuff like the abortion debate; deliberately set to get our attention. While all along, ‘Obamanistas’ fully expect that the Supreme Court will strike down the parts that mandate a person will buy insurance or they will pay through the nose to BigFed one way or another. There are bigger problems ahead, so save some ammo.
We had a saying when I was in the desert in the first Gulf War, ‘It’s not just the mouse that ran through the tent you need to worry about – it’s the viper that’s chasing the mouse you better be afraid of.’
When the Supreme Court decision is finally made – with the anticipated ruling, the bumper sticker "I Heart Socialized Medicine" liberal crowd will pull out the already prepared Round Three plan: Public Option in tandem with the Federal Government picking up the tab incrementally to offset the loss.
"But, what else can we do? We can’t leave people without health care can we?"
Liberals will sob as the complete implementation of socialized; taxpayer health care is implemented with Under New Management Federal Clinic signs being put up over the old Mayo Clinic signs, and hospitals across the country, et.al.
It’s part of the plan. For example, do you believe that Obama just wrote that Executive Order about Federal Funding of Abortions in the eleventh hour before the vote? That thing was written months ago and held to the last minute to make it look like some kind of ‘real’ concession to the hold-outs.
The liberal guys are not some lightweights. They have a plan while we Republicans do a Saint Vitus Dance jerking around the details and nickel-and-diming our attacks that should have been coordinated years ago. It’s not like the Democrats didn’t start this with Clinton Care in the early 1990s.
Anyway, it’s critical that we need to understand their game and focus on a way to repeal this bill and counter it with workable market approaches to health care with the doctors providing that care and the patients at the center of gravity:
(1) States should implement; as difficult as it is, meaningful health care reform for its citizens at the appropriate level of government. Health Care is a real problem.If we thought the nightmare of the Federal ‘No Child Left Behind’ program was hard to deal with, just wait for General Hospital USA . Hold your ears and don’t dance to the liberal’s song.
(2) States should intervene and represent any citizens of their state that the Federal Government decides to fine for failure to purchase insurance.
(3) States should facilitate competition in health care providers and health care facilities, and increase the number of students entering medical and nursing schools.
(4) Republicans better send ‘Constitutional Gun-Fighters’ and thinkers to Congress.
(5) States should band together – repeal the 17th Amendment, and take their Senators back. This action will give the states a place at the table in Washington and put teeth into State Sovereignty again.
Katherine Jenerette, Iraq War Veteran, Charleston-area Tea Party activist and Mom is running for Congress, South Carolina CD 1, Jenerette.com