Followers

25 February 2010

Trog;opundit- where the fun began!

It begs the question: if you were going to the health care “summit” tomorrow, what animal would you want to be?

And no saying “the elephant in the room,” either. Only I am allowed to use puns.
Pat, in Shreveport, has her choice:
I so wish I could watch the health care summit at Blair House tomorrow, but alas, work beckons. I suppose I could TIVO it (yes, I’m that big of a nerd) but it would be anticlimactic somehow. It is sure to be great theater, however, and what I really wish is that I could just be a fly on the wall (hiding, not one snapped out of flight and squished) in that room.
Okay, but if you have to be a fly, wouldn’t you rather be a fly on the buffet table? Why is the fly always on the wall?
Me, I’m thinking gorilla. Big ol’ mountain gorilla, blowing snot every time I move my head. That would be fun.
More:
Pat has a list of the invitees, and notes that the top Democrat and Republican leaders were each allowed to invite four others. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) was one of those. Here’s his statement, which I received exclusively* via email earlier today:
RYAN STATEMENT ON OBAMA ADMINISTRATION’S “HEALTH CARE SUMMIT”
House Budget Committee Ranking Republican Paul Ryan (WI) made the following statement upon receiving an invitation from House Republican Leader John Boehner (OH) to participate in the Administration’s “Health Care Summit”:
“I appreciate the invitation and look forward to sharing common-sense solutions on fixing what’s broken in health care. I share the concerns of many Americans that tomorrow’s summit will be staged more about showmanship than true bipartisanship. While the cameras roll at the health care summit, we’re told the Majority continues to meet in secret, cutting deals behind closed doors to jam a government-takeover through Congress.
“I hope that’s not the case. I hope we can have a sincere discussion tomorrow – focusing on reforms that actually lower health care costs, instead of exploding our already unsustainable debt and piling more tax hikes on the American people. I stand ready to continue to advance solutions that fix what’s broken in health care, without breaking what’s working. We should scrap this massive bill and start over.
Hear, hear.
* Well, it was exclusive to me in my inbox.
UPDATE – Okay, so far we’ve got one fly, one gorilla, and one sperm whale – that’s Moe Lane, who sent his entry via email. Joy McCann is of two minds on the subject: in the comments, she said giraffe (I’m sure there’s a story behind that somewhere), but on her site, she said a bipart. Which, she says, is something mythical.
So far, though, our leader is Dan Collins, who writes:
A sphynx, I thynx. I would ask them each in turn a riddle whose answer was not “government,” and gobble them up each in turn as they failed to answer correctly. And should one by a miracle do so, I would climb to the top of the Washington Monument and hurl myself off.
I still like my idea of blowing snot all over everybody, but that’s good, too.

7 Comments »

  1. I’d be a giraffe.
    Comment by Little Miss Attila | February 24, 2010
  2. [...] . . at the healthcare summit [...]
  3. A sphynx, I thynx. I would ask them each in turn a riddle whose answer was not “government,” and gobble them up each in turn as they failed to answer correctly. And should one by a miracle do so, I would climb to the top of the Washington Monument and hurl myself off.
    Comment by Dan Collins | February 25, 2010
  4. What?!? No snakes in the grass? No poo-throwing monkeys on their backs?
    Comment by Steve Burri | February 25, 2010
  5. Giraffe was my first choice–and, no, I didn’t make the conscious connection to Moe’s blog. I just think they are beautiful creatures.
    And a bipart is, of course, a legislator with genuine bipartisan tendancies–so rare as to be the stuff of legends.
    I should have said, a parrot: a parrot as dead as the healthcare bill.
    Comment by Little Miss Attila | February 25, 2010
  6. A Dachshund, to nip the Repubs at the ankles to remind them of the taxpayer, and then to have a go at the Dems- Chip can jump up to my chest (I am 5′10) so the Dems may have some trouble there (assuming they have something worth biting)
    Comment by trainwife1962 | February 25, 2010
  7. I got the picture of it.
    Comment by Steve Burri | February 25, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment